TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (FTN) – Cooking for a toddler can be a challenge. That is why FTN is creating a special section with fun meal ideas for your toddler. Our first idea, the easy go to – pizza.
- The hardest step when making your toddler pizza is step one. Going to the store to buy it. This step requires you to get out of your pajamas. This step usually involves driving. Once you make it to the store, head for the frozen food section and pick out your favorite Totino’s brand party pizza.
- Preheat the oven for 450 degrees. Or whatever you want. These pizzas will cook just fine in just about any temperature between 400 and 500.
- Put foil over a cookie sheet…because let’s be honest, who has time to clean a cookie sheet?
- When you put the pizza in the oven, watch out for the cement truck your toddler probably placed on the floor near the oven. It is a trip hazard.
- Let the pizza cook for whatever feels right. Usually it’s about 10 minutes. Maybe 15 if you decided on a 400 degree temperature.
- Clean the pizza cutter. Chances are, you just used it for lunch or dinner the night before, because pizza is one of only three things your kiddo will eat.
- Pull the pizza, cut into the size your toddler will eat without complaining too much…and that’s it!
Keep in mind, however you cut your toddler’s pizza will probably not be the right way, and they might require small bites…or bigger bites. Usually the opposite of what you originally did.
When you feel bad about your kid eating pizza again, remember all of the different food groups they are eating. Bread, cheese, tomatoes, spices?